Thinking about Weddings?
Valentines Day marked the beginning of Wedding season here and across the country. For many a would be couple it’s off to the races! Many popular websites have checklists galore to help you plan the very last detail. We thought we would take you to the 30,000 foot view and help you keep everything in perspective, at least as far as Weddings go 🙂
1. As big as it is, it’s only one day. Try not to burn bridges as a Wedding does NOT equal a Marriage. Your relationship must survive the wedding if you want to live happily ever after.
2. Put the big rocks in place first, then handle the smaller stuff later. This means:
- Decide early on what you can afford and stick to it
- Secure a place to have your ceremony
- Secure a place to have your reception
- Secure your photographer, DJ and yes your Stylist
- Secure your wedding dress
- Order your invitations
- Get your licenses
- Get your wedding rings
Make a checklist of these main items and others (colors, menus, key guests). Set target dates and check them off as you go.
3. If key relatives and friends have not met yet, this would be a good time. Everyone wants to give their blessing and input. The earlier the better so you can create goodwill and soothe any conflicts…early.
4. Sometimes you have to face reality and let some things go which you know will not fit in with your new relationship: A Best Man that wasn’t; A Best Friend who all of a sudden isn’t… Painful as it might be to let go, it is impossible to look ahead and look back at the same time.
5. Don’t just plan your honeymoon, plan little escapes along the way as well. Yes, you and your partner to be have to get a lot of things done and it can be stressful for sure, but you will do much better together AFTER the Wedding, if you learn to relax together BEFORE the Wedding.
Try to keep these key points in mind as you plan your weddings this year or in the future. Let us know if we can help in any way, and we wish you all the best!